M2 - First Draft


Omniya Tajni
M2: Present the sound elements to an audience to gain feedback

The client who have asked me to produce this radio segment are 2 companies called Tamasha & Coney. Alongside recording interviews, I was also asked to record 5 30 seconds to one-minute long pieces of audio that will go along side my radio segment.


Once I have recorded all my sounds and 3 interviews for my pre-recorded radio segment, I had 4 weeks to plan, record and edit in time for them to come in and hear the outcome. When I finished editing and combining the interviews and sound effects together, I created a mini presentation that included a mini synopsis of what my product will include, 2 edited sound effects and the final version of my pre-recorded radio segment.

I then had a focus group to present this, because in the client brief it said they wanted to listen to it and I decided to create a focus group to gain feedback from a wide range of individuals, this is the presentation that I showed the clients:





This is the version of my pre-recorded radio segment that I showed the focus group:


This is evidence of me presenting my product to a focus group, which includes the clients and the feedback and suggestions received by the members of the focus group and clients.



I was very proud of my radio segment, as I knew I put a lot of hard work and effort in to it, once I showed it to my focus group I received strong positive feedback as well as small little suggestions that I could change which would make my radio segment become even better. The main improvement that was mentioned was to adjust my sound levels and make sure they all transition well with each other as well as in between each interview, because there was usually a slight pause which didn’t seem to fit and was very noticeable. 

The clients also believed that it would be ideal that I include a personal element to my radio segment where they can hear what I have to say about the topic I decided to speak about, and if possible get a staff member talk me through how they make a particular dish in a dessert restaurant. I will be taking these suggestions in to consideration and add these small adjustments. Although they gave a few suggestions, the focus group said that they liked the atmosphere that was created by the host and the dialogue, music and sound effects complimented each other and the interviews were full of information and very interesting to listen to. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

P3 & P4 - Resubmission

D1 - Resubmission

D1 - First Draft